Two models of metalclad consumer units are available: single rail with 26 ways and dual rail with 52 ways of 9mm modules width respectively. The present model of consumer units has been designed to accept additional new RCDs, MCBs and RCBOs to ensure compliance to the latest edition of the Wiring Regulations.
Designed for ease of installation:
– Sturdy steel enclosure which can be fitted to all surfaces directly.
– Knock-out punches, 25mm and 20mm
– Front panel and door completely removable to give full access to the base while wiring.
– Extra cabling space.
– Robust Neutral and Earth bars.
– Key lockable front panel.
The consumer units come with a comb busbar which, at 40C, it is rated 80A with one central feed point or 100A with two feed points. The busbar is available for either single phase or for three phase installations. The busbar is cut to size on site to facilitate different configurations. It is then connected to the insulated connectors by up to 25mm cable.
The consumer units can be supplied configured with protective devices as per customer specifications. Additional DIN mount control devices like timers, contactors or monitoring devices like KWh meters can be fitted.